- Individual, family and couple’s therapy is offered at a rate of $109 for a standard hour session.
- Group therapy is offered at a rate of $39 per 90 minute session.
- Secure online chat therapy is offered at a rate of $49 per week.
All major credit or debit cards are accepted including FSA and HSA cards. Checks are also accepted. Payment is due at the time of the session.
Do you accept insurance?
I do not accept insurance. I understand that counseling fees can be prohibitive for some people, but there are other “costs” that deter me and my clients from this arrangement.
1. Requiring a diagnosis. Most insurance carriers will not reimburse for services unless a diagnosis is given to you and many require a certain “severity” of a diagnosis to reimburse. This practice often influences therapists to diagnose when it is not helpful to the course of therapy or to give a more “severe” diagnosis than called for.
2. Limited privacy and potential repercussions. Insurance companies also require these diagnoses and other medical information to be sent to them in order to be considered for reimbursement; this becomes a part of your permanent medical record and can be used against you in the future when getting life insurance and pursuing certain kinds of employment etc.
3. Limits on the therapeutic relationship. Insurance companies usually only cover a certain number of sessions and often place additional requirements on therapists designed to limit coverage.
All of the above intrusions can limit the way therapists think about their clients and the way that they talk with people. I resist a system that compels me to label clients in certain ways and that can hamper creativity and devotion to client care.